VOGONS

First post, by GabrielKnight123

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have a chance to buy a modded MT-32 with the four extra outputs made by RWI I have never owned an MT-32 only an SC55 but from the PDF file here:
http://www.houseofsynth.com/hos-downloads/man … i-mt-32-mod.pdf
there is more going on than I can understand, I have a mixer I can hook up to it so that I get separate reverb and instrument sounds at a good level and from what I understand the original two outputs in its original state wont be used because the noise levels are greater than the extra four outputs but other than that how do I use this modded MT-32 from an original? I will use it with an MPU-IPC-T card and break out box so no Soft MPU or DosBox, I mainly need to know how to set the reverb and instruments to sound the same as an original MT-32 using the extra four outputs whether by mixer or not and info on how to use the buttons to set things as an original MT-32 but with the noise fix from the mod so in fact im trying to get this modded MT-32 to be as an original MT-32 for Dos gaming but using the extra 4 outputs with its noise fix.

Reply 1 of 1, by Spikey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I would get a gen 2 MT-32, or use the MUNT emulator as a gen 2 MT-32 (or digital 32-bit which is even better for noise) - both are superior (or at least as good) for noise improvement than the RWI mods I would imagine.