VOGONS

First post, by retro games 100

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Please can someone tell me what these jumpers do?
Thanks a lot.

sb2.png
Filename
sb2.png
File size
891.9 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-01-25, 04:27. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 3, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Pins for function testing at the factory, maybe ? Uhm, I'm not exactly sure,sorry. 🙁
I believe, the two jumpers on the right may connect the stereo output to the 3,5mm jack (SB2 has stereo output because of the Gameblaster part) though.

Edit: Please don't cross the pins on the left for testing. The pin header labeled "FM" might connect the output of the OPL2 DAC, so shorting it could cause a damage.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 2 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not sure about the FM jumper. Pretty sure the jumpers near the jacks are to select the type of MIC being used and maybe something else. Maybe to change the amplified output into line output.

They are not documented in the manual and not finding any reference so somebody would need to trace the traces to where they go and it should be pretty obvious with a little bit of work.

I wonder if the FM jumper is to hook up an output for FM only. That would be interesting.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 3, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I kinda remember this was discussed before - these extra pins are for the CD-interface addon card so that all sounds from the card (pcm + fm) can be mixed together with CD audio output.

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website