VOGONS

Reply 20 of 28, by channelmaniac

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Merry early Christmas courtesy Computer Reset in Dallas.

I picked up an Ensoniq ES1370 based PCI sound card and it came with v2.0 of the driver CD. I found this thread looking around for info on the card and thought I'd share the freshly uploaded .iso image of the software/driver CD that came with the card.

It includes Win95, Win3.1x, DOS, and WinNT drivers/software.

https://archive.org/details/audio-pci-by-enso … 00-installation

Yeah, I know... archive.org... Feel free to upload whatever you want from that to Vogons. 😀

Raymond

I learned to fix things to have things affordably.

Reply 22 of 28, by betamax80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If not covered I think the EMU10k1X cards would be those marketed as the "PCI512". These were sold for around £79 (then £49) I remember in the UK in the early 2000s, and they seem to be highly integrated / cost reduced SB Live! Value relatives. There are reports the the "full fat" SB Live! drivers work with them, however Creative also had PCI512-specific driver updates listed.

Reply 23 of 28, by betamax80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I've got a card listed at the "Creative SoundBlaster Digital 4.1" on its way - from pictures this seems to be the listed CT4750 card with a CT5880CQN chip on it - apparently with a SigmaTel codec, and according to some sources with an EEPROM. I'm aware that this card does the SP/DIF output for sure, and the box does list EAX which from an ES137x based chip seems a surprised.... I'm wondering if its a software thing, or whether the EEPROM holds some magic?

Reply 24 of 28, by Sly_Botts

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Rawit wrote on 2021-02-08, 08:38:

Does the Ensoniq 1370 with Ensoniq drivers offer an option for Ensoniq Soundscape only under DOS? So no Sound Blaster including FM? I've seen attempts to disable only the FM, but can the Sound Blaster inc. FM be disabled all together?

And the 1370 is incompatible with the Creative drivers? Vendor ID check?

If you install the Ensoniq audioPCI 3.1 wizard through windows 3.1 it will install DOS drivers. If you keep that folder, you can install DOS 6.22 by it self, use this folder and setup autoexec.bat to load the .bat file in the folder and it will work. Make sure soundscape.ini is configured the way you want, and it will work fine.

It is possible to commit no errors and still lose. That is not a weakness, that is life.

Reply 25 of 28, by SteveC

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just been fighting a Creative CT4740 for hours - it's a Ensoniq 1373. Turns out the VEN_1274&DEV_1371 wasn't matching. I had Vendor ID of 1264 and 1234 depending on the PCI slot I put the card in! Eventually the third slot I tried it in gave me the correct vendor ID. Never had this problem before!

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/StevesTechShed
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveTechShed

Reply 26 of 28, by capitaine

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is new to me also.
Seems confirmed by the data sheet which basically says the card can have different identities (Subsystem read/write)

https://www.dosdays.co.uk/media/ensoniq/Audio … 3_datasheet.pdf
4.13. User Definable Subsystem Vendor ID and Subsystem ID

The 1373 device powers-up/resets with Subsystem Vendor ID = ENSONIQ ID (1274h), and the Subsystem ID = 1371h. The device specifi […]
Show full quote

The 1373 device powers-up/resets with Subsystem Vendor ID = ENSONIQ ID (1274h), and the
Subsystem ID = 1371h. The device specific register (SubSysID_wen @40h) is initialized to 00h which
disables Subsystem writes.
As long as the SubSysID_wen byte is NOT EQUAL TO EAh, the Subsystem Vendor ID and Subsystem
ID cannot be changed. When the SubSysID_wen byte is set to EAh, the Subsystem Vendor ID and
Subsystem ID values can be modified by PCI Configuration Space writes.
(Note: that the BIOS in control may write these items as WORD, DWORD, or even BYTE.)

Reply 27 of 28, by andre_6

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, I just created a thread to find working Win95/DOS drivers for a CT4810 until I saw this, I was getting the impression that these are difficult cards to deal with drivers wise.

As a beginner I was kind of confused by the OP's list, can anyone please point me out to the working driver files for it? Thank you in advance

Reply 28 of 28, by dr.zeissler

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Excellent informations! I have read them carefully...just in short:

- ES1373 never works in Dos on AladinChipset on my acer-board. Regardless plain dos or Doswindow within Win95.
- It gives me no error back but it simply does not work at all.
- Beside that ES1373 seems to be different than ES1371 because the OS/2 driver for the ES1371 dos not work for ES1373.
- Win95 and Amithlon works fine with ES1373 on this machine.

Attachments

• IMG_1158.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_1158.jpeg
    File size
    776.13 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • IMG_1160.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_1160.jpeg