VOGONS

First post, by xjas

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Now there's another device out there that I don't need but really, really want. (Review of the Roland MT-90U standalone General MIDI player.)

...Although naturally I'd go for the floppy version, forget this USB nonsense.

Interestingly this Roland box supports GS and XG (and also "General MIDI 2", whatever that is) - how many others are in that category?

twitch.tv/oldskooljay - playing the obscure, forgotten & weird - most Tuesdays & Thursdays @ 6:30 PM PDT. Bonus streams elsewhen!

Reply 1 of 5, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

If you want stand a lone MIDI playing, just get an MU2000. Plays midi off of SM Cards, sound fantastic, and digital toslink to a proper amp and speakers for the win.

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster

Reply 4 of 5, by yawetaG

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xjas wrote on 2020-04-18, 09:28:

Now there's another device out there that I don't need but really, really want. (Review of the Roland MT-90U standalone General MIDI player.)

...Although naturally I'd go for the floppy version, forget this USB nonsense.

Interestingly this Roland box supports GS and XG (and also "General MIDI 2", whatever that is) - how many others are in that category?

Also, Yamaha MDP-30...which has a remote control.

Reply 5 of 5, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
derSammler wrote on 2020-04-18, 11:07:

I have the MT-300S - the best in my opinion.

I second this. It is pretty sweet.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK