VOGONS

First post, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

As per the title, TIE Fighter is having some weird issues, in that TIECD's iMuse will crash when I attempt to set it to using General MIDI. It also detects my SBPro Compatible card as a SB 2.0. X-Wing CD works, though I had to manually set it to SB Pro to get Stereo working right.

Also, as a minor edit, I am also having a problem with the same card where Duke3D plays sound effects in the setup program, but not in game.

Last edited by BetaC on 2020-05-15, 08:32. Edited 1 time in total.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 2 of 4, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
daikatana_ wrote on 2020-05-15, 07:41:

What sound card are you having issues with, exactly? And what hardware are you using with that card?

Labway A151-A00 which is an OPL3-SAX card, And my general purpose 700MHz P3 Build which can be seen in my signature.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 3 of 4, by synrgy87

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
BetaC wrote on 2020-05-15, 06:32:

As per the title, TIE Fighter is having some weird issues, in that TIECD's iMuse will crash when I attempt to set it to using General MIDI. It also detects my SBPro Compatible card as a SB 2.0. X-Wing CD works, though I had to manually set it to SB Pro to get Stereo working right.

Also, as a minor edit, I am also having a problem with the same card where Duke3D plays sound effects in the setup program, but not in game.

Autodetection can do that sometimes cause lockups, a lot of games will give a warning about this.

Duke3D can be weird with sound, for my OPL3-SAX card i need to use SB Pro, stereo 22khz, although I've found with this card sometimes games prefer IRQ5 or IRQ7 when it comes to FM sound effects
The Atomic edition seems to have a better setup earlier versions seem a little buggy / less featured.

Reply 4 of 4, by daikatana_

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I had a similar problem lately with similar Labway card and General MIDI. It worked just fine, in games like Doom, Bioforge, etc., but had issues with Duke 3D, ROTT or any game with Miles drivers. First, I used similar configuration as you did, BX chipset with Pentium III, then I tried running the card in older board with Socket 7 and Pentium 1 and it worked perfectly in every game.

Game MIDI soundtracks

Retro games and HW reviews