VOGONS

First post, by TelamonLivesOn

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few months back, I bought one of these cards to be a replacement for my Sound Blaster 16 (due to the midi bugs it has) at a cheap price. However, I have not been able to get the CD audio to work (worked fine on sb16). One of the quirks of this card is that it has multiple different interfaces (IDE, Panasonic, Mitsumi, Sony) that allow it to connect to different drives (it is also 100% OPL3 compatible/copied). This is the same with the CD audio connectors, which leads me to believe that each of them only work with their respective interface. My current CD-ROM drive is a Panasonic 2X speed with a Panasonic proprietary to Creative (the board diagram labels it as a Mitsumi connector) CD Audio cable. When looking online, I cannot find any panasonic to panasonic cd audio adapter, even on auction sites like eBay. I really don't want to have a 2-card sound setup, as it would create issues with addresses and available ISA slots. Also, I may upgrade my drive to a SCSI CD-ROM drive, which I am wondering if I can get its' CD audio to work without having a connected interface. If anyone can help me, that would be great. Let me know if I can give anymore information. Thanks!

Diagram of the sound card (since Vogons won't allow *.mhtml files): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vc73xKb3s5KC … iew?usp=sharing

Edit: I guess I will have to figure out this one on my own. I will probably get a later ESS Audiodrive instead.