VOGONS

First post, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently got a Roland SCC-1 card, now i would like to use it in my Windows 95/98 Pentium PC, but i wonder, how does it work?

I mean, the card have RCA Stereo outputs and headphone (3.5mm) output. (as well as 2 other connectors that i will probably never use)
Do i have to use a 3.5mm cable from the SCC-1 to the line-in of the main sound card, in order to have BOTH the MIDI and Sound Effects outputs in my speakers?

Thanks for helping me.

Reply 2 of 4, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep, if you want to use one set of speakers with both cards you will either need a mixer, or you'll want to chain the cards together as described. A 3.5mm stereo cable from the headphone out of the SCC-1 to the line-in of your sound card will work, but a nicer solution is to use the RCA outputs for proper line level (so you'll need a dual RCA to stereo 3.5mm adapter cable).

Reply 3 of 4, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-06-15, 06:50:

Yep, if you want to use one set of speakers with both cards you will either need a mixer, or you'll want to chain the cards together as described. A 3.5mm stereo cable from the headphone out of the SCC-1 to the line-in of your sound card will work, but a nicer solution is to use the RCA outputs for proper line level (so you'll need a dual RCA to stereo 3.5mm adapter cable).

i do have a RCA Stereo to 3.5mm cable.

Reply 4 of 4, by RaptorZX3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

ok i tried it in Windows 98, and yeah it work, the drivers are on the Windows 98 CD. And had to set the MIDI on the Roland MPU-401.

And how do i know if the MIDI come from the card? Well, unplug the 3.5mm from Line-in and if the MIDI stop, it come from the card. If not, it's from the main sound card.