Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lostdotfish wrote on 2020-07-06, 15:14:
darry wrote on 2020-07-05, 19:39:
Lostdotfish wrote on 2020-07-05, 19:31:

A151-A00 YAMAHA YMF719E-S

Great choice . OPL3 , SB Pro, WSS .

I recommend using Tiido's SETYMF (which I use) or trying JazeFox's UNISOUND (which I have not tried yet) to configure the card. Yamaha's SETUPSA is not great, IMHO, and currently doesn't even work in my multi-card setup .

Thanks for the software lead. I'll check that out when the card arrives.

What's your 3rd soundcard out of interest? Gravis?

Yes . GUS version 3.73 . I would be using a GUS PnP, but it does not work in my board (DMA issue, likely due to bridged ISA bus).

Other than the Gravis, I have
- AWE64 Value with 28MB
- Audiotrix 3D/XG (YMF715 chipset) for SB Pro and real OPL3 .

I also use an SC-88 , an MT-32 and an MU-500 externally .

Reply 41 of 42, by Lostdotfish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Quick update. My new MIDI break out board arrived as did the YMF card. Everything now works as expected. Both cards are chucking out MIDI to my SC-55 on demand. Happy days.

I went with SETYMF for the new card and stuck with the standard ESS driver and tools for that card. Both working well side by side. I took a brief look at UNISOUND, it looks good but settled on the above solution.

Now I need to install this OLED screen and encoder in my Gotek and we're getting somewhere. Should probably post a build log somewhere when I get a moment.

Reply 42 of 42, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Lostdotfish wrote on 2020-07-09, 17:49:

Quick update. My new MIDI break out board arrived as did the YMF card. Everything now works as expected. Both cards are chucking out MIDI to my SC-55 on demand. Happy days.

I went with SETYMF for the new card and stuck with the standard ESS driver and tools for that card. Both working well side by side. I took a brief look at UNISOUND, it looks good but settled on the above solution.

Now I need to install this OLED screen and encoder in my Gotek and we're getting somewhere. Should probably post a build log somewhere when I get a moment.

That's great news ! Good luck with the Gotek .