VOGONS

First post, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

This Windows Sound System card is detected and installed in Windows 95. FCC ID is C3KYFHA. When playing sound, Win95 acts like it is playing. No sounds come from the speakers. I tried both wave and MIDI.
In addition, at random intervals sometimes the speakers let out a second or two of pops and clicks. The jack is still securely attached to the board.
It does have genuine OPL3. Is it worth fixing and what components might be broken? Anything I can test with nothing but a basic multimeter?

The two big capacitors next to the top jack are 16V 470uF and say - NRSA - CE 85C - (M) - 9214.
The small surface mount one says 32 - 47 - 16V.
If it's irreparable I suppose it could be a YMF262 donor.

Attachments

• wss.jpg
    Filename
    wss.jpg
    File size
    730.82 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Left side of the picture. To the left lower edge of the LS244 chip. There is a trace that looks like part of it is missing. Or is that dirt covering it up?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-09-08, 05:28:

Left side of the picture. To the left lower edge of the LS244 chip. There is a trace that looks like part of it is missing. Or is that dirt covering it up?

Just dirt.

Reply 3 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Clean the card a d also clean the edge connector. Oxidized connections can cause all sorts of weird issues.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK