VOGONS

First post, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

First of all this is more a killing time activity during the semi-lockdown that we’re currently having rather than sheer will to repair a common soundcard. So I’ve got time to waste on this, in fact it’s desired 😉

I got this ES1868F card

IMG_20201101_232743.jpg
Filename
IMG_20201101_232743.jpg
File size
1.11 MiB
Views
File license
Public domain

It outputs sound barely audible, you have to crank up the volume on the speakers to the max to hear it and it’s full of noise and hiss. But it’s playing both sfx and synth music correctly, so I thought it might be something in the analog circuity and not for example the main chip. I replaced all the electrolytic capacitors (although there was nothing visibly wrong with them) but nothing changed to the slightest degree.

So here I am looking for suggestions, is there anything else you believe it’s worth replacing? Do you guys have any idea what other component can cause such a behavior?

Reply 2 of 2, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Daaamn! 😂 Something you always knew but wasn't needed for a while and now that's needed you don't know it anymore.
Thank you so much, I am indeed using a new PSU to test it. At least now it has new caps and will outlive me, I'll make sure to throw a big note in the bag