VOGONS

First post, by Kar

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've got a few different ISA soundblasters, all of the PnP variety, so this new one is a unique in that it's purely jumper driven.

I managed to pick it up locally fairly randomly on an 'untested' basis. Fortunately plugging it in everything seems to be perfect with the exception of the speaker out port.

Line out port emits normal sound, but absolutely nothing comes out from the speaker port which is usually what I use with my headphones. Does anyone have any idea if there's some configuration required to enable this port, or is it likely damaged?

Visually the board appears in very good condition.

Appreciate any tips you might have.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 1, by mkarcher

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Kar wrote on 2020-12-04, 12:04:

Line out port emits normal sound, but absolutely nothing comes out from the speaker port which is usually what I use with my headphones. Does anyone have any idea if there's some configuration required to enable this port, or is it likely damaged?

If the problem is not caused by insufficient output gain on the mixer (try setting it to the maximum, i.e "x4"), it is most likely hardware damage. The creative cards with separate Line/Speaker out connectors do not have jumpers to enable speaker out (whereas many clones have a jumper pair to switch between "line" and "speaker"). The speaker out signal is provided by the ST TEA2025B chip, which is powered from the voltage regulators above it. If speaker out fails, I guess the problem is around that area.