VOGONS

First post, by cprieto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I got my hands in a Creative CT4810 with what I think is a CT2518-DAO, I had been able to make this card work nicely with the same drivers as the Ensoniq AudioPCI in DOS (using the APINIT and APLOAD files) and based in some conversations I found in Vogons (like this one and the links it mentions PCI or PCI Express Sound Card for Windows 3.X Sound) I thought this driver will work with my Windows 3.1x but after downloaded and tried to install the drivers nothing happens 😐 no drivers appeared as installed and I have no idea what else should I do 😐

As mentioned before, it works pretty well in MSDOS so I thought it will work in Win 3.1x as well, but I have no idea I am doing something wrong.

Any help will be appreciated!

IMG_20210125_211824.jpg
Filename
IMG_20210125_211824.jpg
File size
903.66 KiB
Views
File comment
CT4810
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 1, by cprieto

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just in case anyone has the same question as I had, I actually made it work with this driver http://turkeys4me.byethost4.com/programs/index.htm, just download the Creative AudioPCI ens1371/1373 driver Version X and, as in the instructions, just add the following line in the drivers section:

[drivers]
; Add this line at the end of the section
wave=crea1371.dll

It works without even having to load the DOS drivers in DOS (APPINIT and APPLOAD)