VOGONS

Reply 20 of 22, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2021-03-03, 21:54:

/Cn Select PnP card number 'n' to initialize/read (n = 2 to 5)

Yeah, that's what I looked at. I was assuming that 2-5 were the only values that actually worked with it.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png

Reply 21 of 22, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BetaC wrote on 2021-03-03, 21:57:
Shreddoc wrote on 2021-03-03, 21:54:

/Cn Select PnP card number 'n' to initialize/read (n = 2 to 5)

Yeah, that's what I looked at. I was assuming that 2-5 were the only values that actually worked with it.

Good point - C1 is the default if no card is specified - to quote unisound.txt: "UNISOUND (without options): initializes 1st PnP card found in the system" - so in that sense the only reason to use /C1 would be syntax consistency for reader clarity, if wanted.

Reply 22 of 22, by BetaC

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Shreddoc wrote on 2021-03-03, 22:20:

Good point - C1 is the default if no card is specified - to quote unisound.txt: "UNISOUND (without options): initializes 1st PnP card found in the system" - so in that sense the only reason to use /C1 would be syntax consistency for reader clarity, if wanted.

I've managed to get the cards working for the most part, to the point that Duke 3D manages to play the MIDI through the Yamaha card, and the 44.1 KHz sounds through the AWE without any hitching. The only problem I seem to be having at this point is Wolfenstine 3D not wanting to play sound effects despite the FM Synth properly working. After that, I just want to figure out how to get windows to play nice, purely just so I can jokingly listen to Canyon.mid on demand. Thanks for the help, everyone.

ph4ne7-99.png
g32zpm-99.png
0zuv7q-6.png
7y1bp7-6.png