VOGONS

First post, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've gotten what I believe is everything in order, but I can't get the diagnose tests finished properly. When I use diagnose.exe it runs through every channel until the HIGH DMA, on which it hangs forever. I can't seem to go into CTCU and change the channel at all, am I missing something?

Reply 1 of 3, by jakethompson1

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Charleston wrote on 2021-07-17, 03:29:

I've gotten what I believe is everything in order, but I can't get the diagnose tests finished properly. When I use diagnose.exe it runs through every channel until the HIGH DMA, on which it hangs forever. I can't seem to go into CTCU and change the channel at all, am I missing something?

Can you see anywhere what channel it is trying to use?
Can you list all other ISA cards installed in the system. Is your parallel port set in the BIOS as ECP?

Reply 2 of 3, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jakethompson1 wrote on 2021-07-17, 04:34:
Charleston wrote on 2021-07-17, 03:29:

Can you see anywhere what channel it is trying to use?
Can you list all other ISA cards installed in the system. Is your parallel port set in the BIOS as ECP?

According to CTCU there are no issues, games seem to run now but I still can't diagnose and it hangs. I've got a GoldStar Prime 2, a VG-8000 video card, an ide thing that allows hard drives over 512, this sb16. I'll check bios in a bit when I get home.

Reply 3 of 3, by Charleston

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I went through several games and it all seems to work. The bios on this 386 is incredibly outdated and doesn't have many options for an AMI. Still can't run a diagnostic but games DO work now.