VOGONS

First post, by AppleSauce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hey so I've been trying to adjust the volume of the gravis ultrasound I own , as by default it's too loud
and nearly blew out my eardrums ,

does anyone know how to lower the volume via the ultramix.ini?
It's one of the models with the onboard mixer , so I'm pretty sure it can be done in software.
I'd probably wanna lower it by half.

20210916_210245.jpg
Filename
20210916_210245.jpg
File size
1.83 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Reply 1 of 3, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's an utility called ULTRAMIX (the one I use is v2.10). If you have a version that supports the mixer chip you can reduce the volume.

For "Overall Output" (O command line switch) you can do it with the following parameter.

ULTRAMIX O-20

Which will reduce the volume by -20 dB. The range is from -56 dB to 0 dB and the changes will be saved into ULTRAMIX.INI. You can also check additional info with the "?" command line switch.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 2 of 3, by AppleSauce

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Gmlb256 wrote on 2021-09-17, 02:47:
There's an utility called ULTRAMIX (the one I use is v2.10). If you have a version that supports the mixer chip you can reduce t […]
Show full quote

There's an utility called ULTRAMIX (the one I use is v2.10). If you have a version that supports the mixer chip you can reduce the volume.

For "Overall Output" (O command line switch) you can do it with the following parameter.

ULTRAMIX O-20

Which will reduce the volume by -20 dB. The range is from -56 dB to 0 dB and the changes will be saved into ULTRAMIX.INI. You can also check additional info with the "?" command line switch.

Okay that seems to have worked , thanks a bunch!