VOGONS

First post, by randomgrace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone. I'm currently practicing making retro sounds for a small indie game. I have several modern synthesizers and I had the idea to try to run them through an old midi module. Is it worth doing this at all? I think it's worth trying for authenticity, maybe something good will come of it. Thank you in advance.

Reply 1 of 2, by lorenzo228

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
randomgrace wrote on 2021-11-13, 11:37:

Hello everyone. I'm currently practicing making retro sounds for a small indie game. I have several modern synthesizers and I had the idea to try to run them through an old midi module. Is it worth doing this at all? I think it's worth trying for authenticity, maybe something good will come of it. Thank you in advance.

Are you sure that it's good idea? I think it's will be better if you will use modern equipment with modern synths. Anyway you can create any sound, you just need to have enough knowledge.

Last edited by lorenzo228 on 2021-11-14, 23:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 2 of 2, by randomgrace

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lorenzo228 wrote on 2021-11-14, 10:57:
randomgrace wrote on 2021-11-13, 11:37:

Are you sure that it's good idea? I think it's will be better if you will use modern equipment with modern synths. Anyway you can create any sound, you just need to have enough knowledge.

Oh, I see. Maybe you're right. So i guess it's better for me to know more about designing sounds.