VOGONS

First post, by voima-tonna

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I managed to found at the dumpster of a local elementary school (they were moving) an interesting sound card, the Turtle Beach Pinnacle. Even if it's not the most versatile card for DOS use, I'd like to try it's midi capabilities in gaming. Only problem is, it's missing it's ROM chip. I have an EPROM programmer, but I couldn't find a ROM image from the net. I found the DOSAPPS.ZIP in Vogons Driver Library to have some promising .BIN files, but for some weird reason, that ZIP-file will not extract for me, just gives errors. Would anyone happen to have such an image? I'd be very grateful to have a copy.

Reply 1 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I should be able to grab a ROM image off one of my cards. I'll try to check tonight but might not get around to it today.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 4, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Here are the two versions I have.
v1.00 from a revision C card:

Filename
Turtle_Beach_Pinnacle_v1.00.BIN.zip
File size
53.22 KiB
Downloads
29 downloads
File license
Public domain

V1.04 from a revision E card:

Filename
Turtle_Beach_Pinnacle_v1.04-15-MAR-97-2902.BIN.zip
File size
53.57 KiB
Downloads
29 downloads
File license
Public domain

The EPROM type is:
ST M27C1024-12F1

I thought I had a revision D as well but maybe I just missed it when I was looking. If I do find that I have it, and the EPROM is different, I'll upload it as well.

What version is yours? Does it have the 200k p-ram upgrade already? I had more info about the upgrade somewhere but not finding it right now.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 4 of 4, by voima-tonna

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Most excellent, thank you very much! My card is a revision D, do you think there's any problem with using either that older or newer revision ROM data? And thank you for the info on the correct chip too, helps a lot.