VOGONS

First post, by Chadti99

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don’t intend to use this full time but need to use it in a pinch. Is there an agreed upon best sound driver for this board/chipset, specifically for 98? It appears to have an Analog Devices AD1885 chip onboard. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply 1 of 2, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Chadti99 wrote on 2022-01-17, 12:16:

I don’t intend to use this full time but need to use it in a pinch. Is there an agreed upon best sound driver for this board/chipset, specifically for 98? It appears to have an Analog Devices AD1885 chip onboard. Any help would be appreciated.

This seems to be the latest driver package listed by Intel

SoundMAX2 integrated audio driver ADI 1885 version 5.12.01.3012 - https://rebyte.me/en/intel/135114/file-541572/

Note that this package includes a required upgrade to the 98SE OS

"Microsoft* Windows* 98 SE audio update

This audio driver requires an update to the Microsoft* Windows* 98 SE operating system's audio components. The updated audio components are located in the file "242937USA8.EXE". To install the updated audio components:

Click on the Windows 98 SE "Start" button

Select "Run"

Type x:\<folder>\242937USA8.EXE. "x:\<folder>" is the drive and folder that the audio drivers were unzipped to.

The update program will prompt you for additonal information and will automatically update the operating system's audio components. You will be prompted to restart your system after the update.
"