User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-02-07, 20:47:
Correct. Dangerous Dave does not support sound cards. […]
Show full quote
octopus wrote on 2022-02-07, 19:22:

Dave: speaker sound

Correct. Dangerous Dave does not support sound cards.

octopus wrote on 2022-02-07, 19:26:

setupds tells me the DNA is not available

Please show us a photograph of that error message.

You where correct to doubt me: I reinstalled the YMF and it actually says 'Can not detect DMA at channel 1'
Sorry for providing the wrong info.

I took three pictures, one of the output of setupds /s , one of the configuration in the DS-XG utility and one of the error message.
Changing the DMA in SET BLASTER, the .ini and in the config file doesn't change the error, I tried DMA 0, 1 and 3

setupds_output.jpg
Filename
setupds_output.jpg
File size
155.1 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
ds_xg_config.jpg
Filename
ds_xg_config.jpg
File size
353.32 KiB
Views
File license
DMA_ERROR.jpg
Filename
DMA_ERROR.jpg
File size
334.66 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 21 of 23, by Joakim

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some people report that PCI sound cards can vary between slots on the same motherboard, might be worth a shot.

Compatibility seems to vary a lot between motherboards, some chipset just don't work, but should work at some motherboards up to around pentium 4 era.

Reply 22 of 23, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
octopus wrote on 2022-02-06, 09:39:

The Diamond Edge is indeed a bit of a special thing, I have the extension card with 2 ports for the Sega Saturn controlers. I'm keeping it around for when I run into one of those controlers.

Coincidentally, LGR has just taken a look at this. So, the value has just risen 🤣

Reply 23 of 23, by octopus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Shreddoc wrote on 2022-02-08, 22:51:
octopus wrote on 2022-02-06, 09:39:

The Diamond Edge is indeed a bit of a special thing, I have the extension card with 2 ports for the Sega Saturn controlers. I'm keeping it around for when I run into one of those controlers.

Coincidentally, LGR has just taken a look at this. So, the value has just risen 🤣

That's pretty awesome actually!
And I thought it was a weird unpractical card when I found it..

Joakim wrote on 2022-02-08, 16:57:

Some people report that PCI sound cards can vary between slots on the same motherboard, might be worth a shot.

Compatibility seems to vary a lot between motherboards, some chipset just don't work, but should work at some motherboards up to around pentium 4 era.

Yeah, I'm hoping to try the other slots this weekend