VOGONS

Reply 21 of 31, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Did you reset the emulator first? Did you try both gm and gs reset modes? Also, are you using my midi_processing library to convert the loudness tracks to midi? (My library uses a novel conversion based on adplug and also does one thing the game only does for fm: portamento)

Reply 22 of 31, by Karmeck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kode54 wrote on 2024-04-05, 00:55:

Did you reset the emulator first? Did you try both gm and gs reset modes? Also, are you using my midi_processing library to convert the loudness tracks to midi? (My library uses a novel conversion based on adplug and also does one thing the game only does for fm: portamento)

I did, both resets as well. But, I tried the same midi with all my soundfonts. And the same difference is there. Even tried the demo in dosbox, same differens, compared to the recording.

Will do a recording. After this weekend.

But I think I lack some skill to identify the issue.

Reply 23 of 31, by EmperorGrieferus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Karmeck wrote on 2024-04-05, 18:52:
I did, both resets as well. But, I tried the same midi with all my soundfonts. And the same difference is there. Even tried the […]
Show full quote
kode54 wrote on 2024-04-05, 00:55:

I did, both resets as well. But, I tried the same midi with all my soundfonts. And the same difference is there. Even tried the demo in dosbox, same differens, compared to the recording.

Perhaps there's some SysEx bug in NukedSC that makes Asteroid dance sound weird because I had the same issue.
UPD: It was a version with messed up instruments.

Reply 24 of 31, by EmperorGrieferus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dude, you downloaded the wrong version of the Asteroid Dance!

Reply 25 of 31, by kode54

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Downloaded where? I can share the original .lds files, and my midi processing library and associated players can play them with their embedded GM mappings. Though you will need to send a reset to the midi device when done, since it leaves all channels with a full octave as the range for the pitch wheel instead of the default two semitones.

Reply 26 of 31, by Karmeck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
EmperorGrieferus wrote on 2024-04-07, 00:15:

Dude, you downloaded the wrong version of the Asteroid Dance!

I did a GS reset (q, hold u, q, release u, w)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKZUyvwGkmQ

attached a recoding as there is clear differences in the beginning.

Attachments

Reply 30 of 31, by Karmeck

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
EmperorGrieferus wrote on 2024-04-07, 23:28:

I tried to test EmuSC but it failed to load control ROM. Control ROM version is 1.21. Maybe I should use another version?

1.21 works for me. I had emusc crash on me, had to rename one of the rom files so I could change some settings. Like audio to win32.

Reply 31 of 31, by EmperorGrieferus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Karmeck wrote on 2024-04-08, 11:57:
EmperorGrieferus wrote on 2024-04-07, 23:28:

I tried to test EmuSC but it failed to load control ROM. Control ROM version is 1.21. Maybe I should use another version?

1.21 works for me. I had emusc crash on me, had to rename one of the rom files so I could change some settings. Like audio to win32.

Already fixed the issue. Though, EmuSC's not worth it right now.