Help getting two ISA soundcards work

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
weedeewee wrote on 2022-05-06, 15:13:

Gmbl256, care to clarify how the ICU utility could help, since with both cards installed, bootup hangs on post.

Assuming that one ISA sound card at a time is installed, it can be used to configure the resources and possibly make changes to the ESCD.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 21 of 23, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Gmbl256, thanks, here's to hoping it solves op's problem. (although I doubt it will)

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 22 of 23, by deleted_acc1

User metadata

A very happy ending! After many experiments with bios settings, after initializing the card, boot started to hang and I reset the settings. I don't know what was reset there, but before that I also did a reset and it didn't help. But this second time boot process went differently, the memory test started (there was no memory test before that) and after that boot started. I decided to insert a second card and boot to my joy did not hang!

Now I will have this question: is it possible to load an sf2 bank to Yamaha?
I found a good bank “masterpiese.sf2” and music is very good in Doom, I tested on SB Live 5.1.

Reply 23 of 23, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Angel Of Nemesis wrote on 2022-05-06, 16:20:

A very happy ending! After many experiments with bios settings, after initializing the card, boot started to hang and I reset the settings. I don't know what was reset there, but before that I also did a reset and it didn't help. But this second time boot process went differently, the memory test started (there was no memory test before that) and after that boot started. I decided to insert a second card and boot to my joy did not hang!

This could have made the changes to the ESCD. Yay! 👍

Now I will have this question: is it possible to load an sf2 bank to Yamaha?
I found a good bank “masterpiese.sf2” and music is very good in Doom, I tested on SB Live 5.1.

No, but you could install the SB Live! as a third sound card on that computer if there are free PCI slots.

To be able to use SoundFonts in DOS games within Windows having an ISA sound card, you must install the Audigy drivers for the SB Live! by follwing the guide on this link: Guide: Installing Windows 9x and DOS drivers on Sound Blaster Live! cards (version 3.1)

The DOS drivers aren't necessary for this.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS