VOGONS

First post, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Can't for the life of me seem to get sound working on either Secret of Monkey island or Loom. Running on a 486 turbod down to 386 speeds. The ESS is setup for normal 220/5/1/330. I've tried both the og version of monkey island with the 486 patch in adlib, and the cd sound-blaster version, nothing. PC speaker mode works. Tried the CD version of loom also nothing.

I get sound in everything else, windows 3.1 is fine, played populous with adlib and sounds fine, also booted up lost eden in SB pro mode and that works fine. What gives what am I missing?

Thanks!

Reply 1 of 2, by FinalJenemba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Update: Figured out part of the issue. The CD games weren't working because my big brain didn't have the drive hooked up to the sound card correctly. I guess these games actually use the direct CSS sound for the entire sound for the game? As for the floppy version of island I have no idea still. But I guess I can just play the CD version 🤣. Every other game seems to work fine so im not gonna drive myself crazy.

Reply 2 of 2, by aitotat

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At least with Indy last crusade the AdLib autodetection fails for ESS. You need to use "a" command line parameter. Most likely Loom and Monkey Island also works that way.