VOGONS

First post, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Don't know if it's related to ask it here, but i'll try anyway, being that i didn't got a proper reply from the mame forum:

Just discovered now about the synths in mame, and was wondering if plugging in my usb mute keyboard (Launchkey 37) would be able to assign the keys from mame to the realy keys in the mute keyboard. By default is not recognized in mame at all, and if i enable multiple keyboard on the properties of one of the working synths, not only is not recognized but doesn't even recognize my pc keyboard, so i reverted it the way it was.

is it even possible to do what i am trying to do, or these kind of devices are not recognized outisde DAW programs and the likes?

Reply 1 of 6, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Interesting question. Does your USB (music) keyboard act as a MIDI input device? Because it appears there are some programs which can map MIDI input to (alphanumeric) keyboard events, eg. MIDIShortcut or Midikey2Key

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad

Reply 2 of 6, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hello,

Yes it does act as MIDI device, but only when a progam who supports ti can recognize it otherwise is not seen. I tried running mame command to see if it cann "see" my device and it does (it's listed as MIDI 1 or 0) but when the rom starts, the device is not recognized at all.

I will try those program you mentioned ,thanks a lot 😀

Reply 4 of 6, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I assigned the forst 5 notes to asdfghj keys, and works on my notepad and also on mame main menu. but once i am in, it still doesn't see the keys i am pressing, even by choosing multiple keyboards. how come?

Reply 5 of 6, by bakemono

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zaxxon wrote on 2022-10-09, 16:53:

I assigned the forst 5 notes to asdfghj keys, and works on my notepad and also on mame main menu. but once i am in, it still doesn't see the keys i am pressing, even by choosing multiple keyboards. how come?

You might need to switch MAME from rawinput over to standard keyboard input, that's the only thing I can think of. -keyboardprovider=win32 or something like that

again another retro game on itch: https://90soft90.itch.io/shmup-salad

Reply 6 of 6, by Zaxxon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
bakemono wrote on 2022-10-10, 13:42:
Zaxxon wrote on 2022-10-09, 16:53:

You might need to switch MAME from rawinput over to standard keyboard input, that's the only thing I can think of. -keyboardprovider=win32 or something like that

Is that a command i need to use on the command line of mame?