VOGONS

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

I have been tweaking my 486 drivers and software over the last few days. The 7 floppy driver set for the AWE32 worked to give me sound in DOS and install the windows apps, but sounds wouldn't play in Windows 3.11, even though if I turned the volume all the way up and loaded the Creative Mixer, you could hear the hissing change as I tweaked the volume or the balance, and the same set of floppies worked to install the AWE32 drivers using the same motherboard and soundcard under an 86box machine. I found a driver cd at another site that is designed for multiple SB cards, and after running it, sound worked in Windows, but the mixer wouldn't load and I had to mix and match driver files in order for everything to work. This has never happened as I used this same card with the same drivers on a previous motherboard of the same model. This system has had similar issues with ATI drivers in that I needed to install two separate driver packages in order to get 640x480x256 and up and have flexdesk work under Windows.

Now I am noticing that during the execution of my config.sys and autoexec.bat files, I am getting this error:

CSPSYS1006: Could not detect the CSP.

My csp.sys file is from 1994 so I believe it should be compatible with the CT2760. Could the CSP chip have gone bad, but not the rest of the card? Could there be an issue with my csp.sys file? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to narrow it down and determine if this can be fixed or if the chip is bad? Thanks!