VOGONS

First post, by cywang23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have connected Roland SC-D70 to my Windows 10 x64, using Roland Vista x64 driver. MIDI function is working perfectly, but sound/wave function are almost noise.

I run a virtual machine Windows Vista on my Win10 x64, and connected to the same SC-D70, using the same driver, sound/wave are working perfectly in Vista, no any noise.

If somebody can help me or figure out the improvement procedure in Windows 10 x64?

Reply 1 of 6, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It should work fine, and has for me. But IIRC there was one point where a Win10 update killed it, then the following feature update let it work again. It's pretty vague advice I know, but check if you have any pending updates, or pick through the update list and see if rolling anything back helps.

Reply 2 of 6, by cywang23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry I made some mistake when I was testing. Now I have confirmed that SC-D70 WAVE-IN (REC Source -> INST+WAVE) has glitch/error sound, both in Windows Vista & Windows 10.

On the rear panel, the Line-Out is correct, but thrungh SC-D70 USB audio-in, I will get glitch MIDI sound in Windows. Maybe I got a malfunctioning SC-D70.

Reply 3 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
cywang23 wrote on 2022-10-24, 13:46:

Sorry I made some mistake when I was testing. Now I have confirmed that SC-D70 WAVE-IN (REC Source -> INST+WAVE) has glitch/error sound, both in Windows Vista & Windows 10.

On the rear panel, the Line-Out is correct, but thrungh SC-D70 USB audio-in, I will get glitch MIDI sound in Windows. Maybe I got a malfunctioning SC-D70.

I think I read somewhere about these units being prone to capacitor degradation issues.

That said, if all your tests so far were on the same physical machine (whether in VM. or baremetal OS), I would try on another one, just in case.

Reply 5 of 6, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
unstman100 wrote on 2024-01-25, 22:04:

I have just got the Roland SC-D70 Sound Module. I am running Windows 10, is there any drivers to enable the sound module under Windows 10, please?

The Vista x64 driver is the last one, and it should work for you.

https://www.roland.com/global/support/archive … _downloads_n-s/

Reply 6 of 6, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Pierre32 wrote on 2024-01-25, 23:24:
unstman100 wrote on 2024-01-25, 22:04:

I have just got the Roland SC-D70 Sound Module. I am running Windows 10, is there any drivers to enable the sound module under Windows 10, please?

The Vista x64 driver is the last one, and it should work for you.

https://www.roland.com/global/support/archive … _downloads_n-s/

It worked for me under whatever version of Windows 10 was current when I last tested it over USB.