VOGONS

First post, by Duake

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I want to say hello since this is my first post on this forum. I found it while searching for some info on the Aztech card that I haven't been able to make work correctly in Windows and I don't think I got it to work in DOS.

I haven't messed with trying to get this card to work recently, but I will probably try in the next couple of days. So here is what I remember of the card and what it was able to do:

The card came in a Packard Bell 133MHz computer. I kept the card because I messed with a lot of things with the MIDI. My dad had a PB at his house and it came with Voyetra software as did this one I am talking about. The one I have was different from the one he had in his computer. In Windows, there were 3 different MIDI options I could pick. I can't remember exactly what they said except that 2 of them were named the same with "A" and "C" behind them. The third one was Microsoft Wavetable S/W.

When I got the card into a newer computer, only the Microsoft Wavetable S/W shows up. There are no A or C versions of anything else. Using these different versions on the old computer, the instruments sounded completely different. I took MIDI files and changed things around in MIDI Orchestrator using either the A or C variant and even named my files with what type I used.

My goal is to get these other 2 options to be available in either XP or 98 and I'm pretty sure I can use it for all of my old Windows and DOS games just fine.

I do remember when the computer booted up that there was a line for the AZTECH. It may have just been the directory, but I do know there was something in the AUTOEXEC about it.

Has anyone had any similar experiences with this? Has anyone had success in getting it to work or maybe came across this even without trying? I would love to get this to work again.

Thanks in advance for any and all help!