VOGONS

Anybody tried this with your MT-32?

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 23, by r00tb33r

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My MT-32 ("old" rev.01) arrived and I tested it out on it. It's pretty good.

Mine sounds pretty quiet compared to my SC-55...? So quiet in fact that I might need to add an amplifier just for the input to amplified speakers. Anybody else's?

Does anyone know any graphical/pseudographical editor/control programs for DOS or Windows that will let me set the reverb, for example?

Reply 21 of 23, by Spikey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You can edit reverb level from the front panel, but otherwise you need MIDI software to send SysEx. WSysEx should still work on Win 10.

And yes, it's a very quiet synth compared to future releases.

Reply 22 of 23, by Laukku

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Falcosoft wrote on 2022-10-27, 07:07:

Unfortunately you cannot do this with the standard Munt driver for Windows. You either need 2 real MT-32's or use Munt VSTi.

Yes you can; I got it working using LoopMIDI and MIDI-OX.

1. Make 3 midi ports in LoopMIDI (let's call them A, B and C)
  2. In MIDI-OX set from "Options" -> "Midi Devices..." A as input with B and C as output
  3. In MUNT set from "Tools" -> "New MIDI port..." separate synth instances for B and C
  4. Send the SysEx attached earlier in this thread (MIDI-OX handily has a SysEx feature at "View" -> "SysEx"); temporarily remove B from MIDI-OX's output when sending MT32_Ch_9_11-16.syx
  5. Play MIDI into port A.

I guess you could setup one of the MIDI-OX outputs directly to MUNT, thus needing only 2 LoopMIDI ports, but mentally the above is a bit more straightforward and any latency might be more consistent when all data goes through similar routes.

My YouTube account, with miscellanous DOS game stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/LaukkuTheGreit

Reply 23 of 23, by Falcosoft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Laukku wrote on 2024-04-13, 11:00:
Yes you can; I got it working using LoopMIDI and MIDI-OX. […]
Show full quote
Falcosoft wrote on 2022-10-27, 07:07:

Unfortunately you cannot do this with the standard Munt driver for Windows. You either need 2 real MT-32's or use Munt VSTi.

Yes you can; I got it working using LoopMIDI and MIDI-OX.

1. Make 3 midi ports in LoopMIDI (let's call them A, B and C)
  2. In MIDI-OX set from "Options" -> "Midi Devices..." A as input with B and C as output
  3. In MUNT set from "Tools" -> "New MIDI port..." separate synth instances for B and C
  4. Send the SysEx attached earlier in this thread (MIDI-OX handily has a SysEx feature at "View" -> "SysEx"); temporarily remove B from MIDI-OX's output when sending MT32_Ch_9_11-16.syx
  5. Play MIDI into port A.

I guess you could setup one of the MIDI-OX outputs directly to MUNT, thus needing only 2 LoopMIDI ports, but mentally the above is a bit more straightforward and any latency might be more consistent when all data goes through similar routes.

Yes, you can do this with multiple Munt instances using the Qt interface. I was talking about the Windows driver/port that is single instance only.

Website, Facebook, Youtube
Falcosoft Soundfont Midi Player + Munt VSTi + BassMidi VSTi
VST Midi Driver Midi Mapper