VOGONS

First post, by poorcomputerman

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I recently purchased a Mt-32 (old) , a Roland SC-7 and a Roland SC-55MKii. I was also looking to get the CM-32L to take care of the titles that support the extra sounds. Those are pretty difficult to get though. Does the CM-64 or any others support the CM-32L and offer full compatibility with it?

Reply 1 of 2, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

CM-64 is a combined CM-32L and CM-32P. So it is a viable alternative to the CM-32L.

There is also the CM-500 (combined CM-32L and CM-300) though it does have the faster vibrato issue due to a change in the clock speed in the circuit. Though this can be corrected via physically modding the CM-500.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 2 of 2, by Spikey

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

All of those are pretty tough to get. I don't know of many other options, unfortunately. There's a Roland E-30 keyboard that is a CM-32L in a keyboard form (with a few extra FX combinations).

Another option is to use the MT-32 with the drum sound from the SC-55mkII, set to CM/LA kit, that way you get the extra effects.

All that being said, there aren't many games that use CM effects, and even fewer that use them well! Any games you were wanting to play that use them, specifically?