VOGONS

First post, by sergeykirov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Please help to find DOS drivers for this NOT P&P card)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    Filename
    1.jpg
    File size
    271.04 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 1 of 7, by jesolo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

An interesting model as I don't recognise this card myself. You don't perhaps see an FCC ID printed anywhere on the PCB (should start with I38-xxxxxxx).

The chipset, however, indicates it's a third generation Aztech card but, this particular card was probably bundled with some OEM kit and not an official Sound Galaxy sound card.
You can perhaps try one of the attached drivers - unfortunately, some of these do require you to run the installer from Windows (which will then also install the DOS drivers).

Attachments

• Filename
    Nova 16 Extra II-3D.zip
    File size
    3.43 MiB
    Downloads
    37 downloads
    File comment
    Nova 16 Extra II-3D (I38-MMSN846)
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    Multimedia Pro 16 IIB-3D (I38-SN96103).zip
    File size
    1.55 MiB
    Downloads
    42 downloads
    File comment
    Multimedia Pro 16 IIB-3D (I38-SN96103)
    File license
    Public domain
  • Filename
    Pro16II.zip
    File size
    2.98 MiB
    Downloads
    38 downloads
    File comment
    Sound Galaxy Pro 16 II (I38-MMSN845)
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 7, by sergeykirov

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
jesolo wrote on 2022-11-23, 21:38:

An interesting model as I don't recognise this card myself. You don't perhaps see an FCC ID printed anywhere on the PCB (should start with I38-xxxxxxx).

The chipset, however, indicates it's a third generation Aztech card but, this particular card was probably bundled with some OEM kit and not an official Sound Galaxy sound card.
You can perhaps try one of the attached drivers - unfortunately, some of these do require you to run the installer from Windows (which will then also install the DOS drivers).

Thank's ! I try...

Reply 5 of 7, by dontbugster

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Most of these came with Packard bell computer, like mine from 1996.

They all had a CD called Master CD which was a system restore with drivers and programs.

Most of them are mirrored on archive.org.

Reply 6 of 7, by Ozzuneoj

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Interesting card! I've seen several dozen different variants of Aztech cards but I don't remember ever seeing one with a YMF289B OPL3 chip. They almost universally have real OPL3, but it tends to be a YMF262. I was pretty puzzled at first looking at the card because an Aztech card without a YMF262 just appears to be missing something.

The YMF289B is fairly uncommon in general. I can think of only a couple of Sound Blaster variants that use them, and even on those they are optional, as with the CT2940 which is normally equipped with CQM but sometimes has a real OPL3.

Now for some blitting from the back buffer.

Reply 7 of 7, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks pretty similar to my I38-SN96103 Aztech MM ProIIB-3D (minus the IDE connector).

SN96103Front2.jpg
Filename
SN96103Front2.jpg
File size
1.81 MiB
Views
File license
CC-BY-4.0

I have attached the drivers that "should" work... I have not tried the card yet.

JMPCFG Jumper is set to software setting (2-3)... Maybe try to set it to Eeprom Settings(1-2).

Attachments

• Filename
    AZT16 (1).ZIP
    File size
    876.59 KiB
    Downloads
    37 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

FCKGW-RHQQ2