VOGONS

First post, by Alley_Cat_Jack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Going to be setting up my dos/win98 system again, and would like to connect my sound canvas to it. I don't recall what sound card I currently have in it, but I have a few sound blasters kicking around. I need a joystick to midi cable, but the only cables I've found online so far are either incredibly expensive, or of questionable quality. I know some cables won't work with all sound cards because they don't have the required components in them. Does anyone know a reliable supplier?

Reply 2 of 4, by Alley_Cat_Jack

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Yoghoo wrote on 2023-02-14, 20:25:

I'm using the DB15MIDI for this (https://www.serdashop.com/DB15MIDI). Then you can use a cheap midi cable from Amazon or so. Works perfectly.

Thanks! That would work perfect, as I have plenty of standard MIDI cables.

The only problem is that I am in Canada, and the shipping for such a small part is kind of high. Not to mention the customs and duty fees I've been getting lately from ordering from Europe.

I saw they were being sold over at the8bitguy's store, but they are sold out.

Do you happen to know if it's an open source product, as it is not that sophisticated? I could do a small run, and get them in the hands of people on this side of the pond who don't want to pay the high shipping. If not, I may just design my own.

Reply 4 of 4, by Yoghoo

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Alley_Cat_Jack wrote on 2023-02-15, 19:48:

Do you happen to know if it's an open source product, as it is not that sophisticated? I could do a small run, and get them in the hands of people on this side of the pond who don't want to pay the high shipping. If not, I may just design my own.

I don't think so but maybe you can ask dreamblaster if he wants to open source it.