VOGONS

First post, by Noobcamper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Everybody!

I've run into a good stumping with my SB Live 5.1. It's a SB0220 (I know dell version = bad) but I've been able to get everything working except for 5.1.

I've tried a number of different drivers, but when I install the Surround mixer I only get options for 2 or 4 channel sound (sometimes 2.1/4.1). Maybe I am missing something and 5.1 only works under specific circumstances, I am NOT using SPIDF I am using just 3 old fashion jacks. I am using this with Windows 98 SE.

Any thoughts?

Reply 1 of 3, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have one of those, but I've never tried to connect a 5.1 system to one. I use the drivers that Vogons has for the card, and I know that 5.1 is one of the options listed during the driver setup (and it says you can change the setting using "The Creative Surround Mixer application).

http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=809&menustate=0

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 2 of 3, by Repo Man11

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I found mine and installed it in a P4 system with Win98 SE using the normal full installation from the drivers I listed above. It has the option of 5.1 in the drop down list, but I've no way of testing it.

Attachments

"I'd rather be rich than stupid" - Jack Handey

Reply 3 of 3, by Noobcamper

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Repo Man11 wrote on 2023-03-02, 17:43:

I found mine and installed it in a P4 system with Win98 SE using the normal full installation from the drivers I listed above. It has the option of 5.1 in the drop down list, but I've no way of testing it.

Thanks for checking, that's super weird. I threw my Audigy 2 in the machine and 5.1 shows up for it, but it just doesn't want to show it on the live.

Maybe I'll try a fresh windows install with a spare HD.

Weirdly mine shows up as a soundblaster live A800 whereas yours is a D400.