VOGONS

First post, by NightShadowPT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi,

Is there any version of Lands of Lore (or patch) that allows for the use of Midi + Soudblaster?

I have a Sound Blaster AWE32, a Roland SC-55 and an MT-32 and would love to use Midi music with one of these options, keeping the sound effects from the soundblaster, but in the version of the game that I have, its either one or the other...

Thanks

NightShadowPT
----------------
Compaq Deskpro M 486/66 - 64MB Ram - Compaq QVision 1MB - Orpheus II Sound
Card - 4GB SCSI HDD + 4GB CF Card - SCSI CD-ROM Plextor PX-32TSi - Adaptec WideSCSI AHA-2740W - 3COM Etherlink III Card

Reply 2 of 3, by NightShadowPT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi!

It seems to be crashing at the end of the setup process, but maybe I'm too tired and doing something wrong... I'll try again tomorrow!

Thanks for sharing this. much appreciated.

Cheers,

NightShadowPT
----------------
Compaq Deskpro M 486/66 - 64MB Ram - Compaq QVision 1MB - Orpheus II Sound
Card - 4GB SCSI HDD + 4GB CF Card - SCSI CD-ROM Plextor PX-32TSi - Adaptec WideSCSI AHA-2740W - 3COM Etherlink III Card

Reply 3 of 3, by fool

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have lost my original L O L CDROM and downloaded floppy version. It's not possible to setup GM + Sound Blaster in floppy and playing the game was kind of weird... it sure didn't sound the same as 25-30 years ago.
I completed the game about 2/3 before trying out the CDROM. Got it running using virtual CDROM drive in DOS because there's no room for HW CDROM drive in that computer. Savegame files are not compatible between these these versions so I had to forget it. Somehow copying lands.cfg with GM+SB setup to floppy based install worked, but speech was still missing. My suggestion is to find CDROM version of the game to get best audio without extra work.

Toshiba T8500 desktop
SAM/CS9233 Wavetable Synthesizer daughterboard
Coming: 40-pin 8MB SIMM kit, CS4232 ISA wavetable sound card