VOGONS

First post, by DesktopDynamite

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have been in contact with serda.com and would like to install the WP32 McCake for my build, BUT since both of my sound cards don't have the Wave blaster header, he first suggested to go for the MP32L [externally] but still, after replying he suggested to go with the WP32 McCake and I would like to install it internally inside a 5.25 as seen in many builds here [Show us your custom Physical mt32-pi Builds] .

In my Pentium III rig I have the following 2x sound cards; The AWE64 Value CT4520 and the Yamaha YMF-724V [attached]

He then suggested the following;

" DB15 connector at the back of your pc outputs MIDI TTL signal so i think you only need to connect 2 wires to mccake (MIDI SIGNAL + GROUND)
and then also the audio signal back to your soundcard (probably you have a header for cd in or something on your soundcard)"

The above method is also suggested since the mobo is an Asus P3B-F v1.04 and does not have any USB headers to power up the MT32L...

I am able to solder, but before I opt to buy the WP32 McCake I need a clear pinout and understanding of what stuff would I need to solder, such as dupont wires etc.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Yamaha.JPG
    Filename
    Yamaha.JPG
    File size
    290.25 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain
  • AWE64.JPG
    Filename