VOGONS

First post, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i dual boot debian linux on my win9x dos machine. over time i have swapped out a series of isa soundcards and always got them working by identifying and loading the alsa kernel module with the correct parameters. that is until now...i installed an aztech waverider 3d platinum that stubbornly refuses to work. there are a few alsa modules for aztech cards, but this card is most assuredly an azt2320 which matches exactly with the snd-azt2320 module. when i try to modprobe snd-azt2320 with any combination of the accepted parameters from the alsa documentation, the command errors out and reports no azt2320 soundcard detected.

i have gotten no further, but it occurs to me this is the first pnp isa card that i've ever tried to install. all of my previous successes were non-pnp which depended on manual configuration and would accept any parameter so long as there wasn't a resource conflict. is the fact that this new card is pnp mean that it needs different or additional configuration? (to my knowledge i think all azt2320 cards are pnp.) has anyone gotten one of these cards working under linux?