VOGONS

First post, by ikethefox

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Under Windows 95, Onboard OPL3 on my Reveal Sc400/Aztech Sound Galaxy Nova 16 conflicts with each other, is there any way to fix this, I can't find anywhere else that someone has had these issues.
I have tried the VOGONS sourced drivers from Reveal and it makes the conflict worse.

Attachments

Reply 2 of 3, by vstrakh

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

By that dash you're indicating the same card under different names (Reveal/Aztech), or you're saying you have two cards, one is Reveal and the other is Aztech?
Do you have Adlib Gold card installed, as implied by the error message?
If you had Adlib Gold installed at some point (but there is no card now), and its driver now mistakenly recognizes Aztech OPL3 part as the Adlib Gold part, then you should just uninstall Adlib Gold drivers.

Reply 3 of 3, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You can just delete the OPL3 device from device manager, it most likely was detected by windows during installation at some point due to the chip being visible as is and as a result got included in device manager, even if it is actually part of something other. DOS games will see the chip regardless and windows stuff simply uses what the Aztech driver allows them to talk to.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜