VOGONS

First post, by dura-zell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

A friend gave me a Creamware Tripledat. Apparently from what I found online, it is a (semi)professional Audiocard - mainly intended for digital recording.
Beside 2 SPDIF, it has Midi and a line-out. (I'll attach a picture).
I'm not really into audio production - so the question is: Is'it good for anything else?
As far as I understand, the card might need a serial / key which should be in the manual (which I don't have) but I'm not sure if this would be for the bundled software or the card itself.
(Note: I'm not asking for the key or a crack, just trying to figure out what to do with the card)
I'm actually not even sure what computer would be a good fit for it. I have some 386. 486 but this would seemingly to slow - my Pentium 133 might be overkill.
I understand that this might be a quite rare card - but if anyone has Info about it I'll gladly take it. (I did find the other thread about the card here but this was mainly about getting it to work with an MT-32).

greetings,
Dura-Zell

Attachments

Reply 1 of 2, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

This card is only useful for the special software environment it was made for, i.e not a general purpose thing and definitely not useful for games of any sort (the MIDI interface will not be MPU401 compatible).

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 2, by dura-zell

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Tiido

Thanks for the explanation - it confirms what suspected. So try it out my best option would be to get hold of the software & manual. Apart from this it makes more or less a nice decoration. A bit of a pity, would loved to see what it could do and a doubt I can get the missing parts.

greetings,
Dura-Zell