VOGONS

First post, by antiriad

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

New to the forum here but I have been reading for a few years.

I have 2 Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZSs in both PCMCIA and PCI forms.

I was able to set up the PCI version on my P4 Desktop without any issues for WinXP(WDM), Win98(VxD), and DOS(SB16 Emu).

However, I am having a REAL hard time setting up the Win98SE on my P3 Laptop with the PCMCIA version. The same P3 Laptop with Windows XP WDM works fine.

I tried drivers from both the PCI and PCMCIA versions of the Install CD and both of them fail to install(VxD or WDM). The PCMCIA Is detected in the Win98 Device Manager as unknown.
However, after doing some more digging and looking into the Stock pictures of the packaging (btw I still have the Manual and CD) Windows 98 is not mentioned in the requirements.

I am wondering if that is the case and for some reason, Creative decided to not make the PCMCIA Version of the Audigy Win98 compatible. I believe the PCMCIA card was released in 2004.

Had anyone been able to make the PCMCIA version work with Win98SE?

Thanks

Reply 2 of 2, by nach

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have the PCMCIA one too and i can confirm that it doesn't work on windows 9x unfortunately.

Roland MT-32, Roland SCP-55, Roland SC-88, Roland MT-90U, Casio GZ-70SP, Casio GZ-50M, Yamaha MU90B, Yamaha MDP-5, Panasonic CF-VEW212, TDK Digital Music Card 9000, Kawai Gmega