VOGONS

First post, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey Guys,
Since you peoples are so picky about sound cards and recordings I want to know what headphones you use ?
Currently I am using Anker Q45. They are pretty good. Not bass heavy but they do have good treble and clarity and separation of sound.
They have good support too. Works with all my devices I have tried so far. Very comfortable and ear cups mold your ear even creates suction on your ears. Fits like a glove but pads are soft that they mold the ears.
Closed back. Sealed fit. Actually my BIG ears fit inside the headphone cups so the pads create a seal around my ears on the sides of my head.

Attachments

• IMG_6382.jpeg
    Filename
    IMG_6382.jpeg
    File size
    738.02 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by Intel486dx33 on 2023-06-10, 20:08. Edited 4 times in total.

Reply 1 of 5, by Shponglefan

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

For casual music listening, I use Ultrasone HFI-880's. Previously I used Ultrasone HFI-700's, but now I only use them for my electronic drum kit.

I really like Ultrasone as a manufacturer; good audio quality, really good bass (clear and not boomy), and durable as hell.

For studio recordings (e.g. audio recordings) I don't use headphones at all. I use Yamaha HS80M Studio Monitor speakers.

Pentium 4 Multi-OS Build
486 DX4-100 with 6 sound cards
486 DX-33 with 5 sound cards

Reply 2 of 5, by SuperDeadite

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I love my 1More Quad Driver Earphones.

Modules: CM-64, CM-500, SC-55MkII, SC-88 Pro, SY22, TG100, MU2000EX, PLG100-SG, PLG150-DR, PLG150-AN, SG01k, NS5R, GZ-50M, SN-U110-07, SN-U110-10, Pocket Studio 5, DreamBlaster S2, X2, McFly, E-Wave, QWave, CrystalBlaster C2, Yucatan FX, BeepBlaster

Reply 4 of 5, by schmatzler

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Sony WH1000XM3 and WH1000XM5.

The XM3 sound a bit better and are a little more comfortable to wear. The XM5 have some of the best noise-cancelling features on the market, but lack a little bit of the clarity of their predecessors. Still, both of these are really good headphones. I live in a pretty noisy neighborhood, so I need these admittedly very pricey headphones to prevent me from going insane.

I also have AKG K141 studio monitors (the very old ones with gold plates and 600 ohm drivers). Since they're monitors they have the richest soundscape and sound very unique.
But they are constructed in a way that they amplify any sound surrounding me, which makes them incompatible with my current living situation. When I've finally moved out of this dump I will use them more.

They also look rad:

AKG_k141_monitor.jpg
Filename
AKG_k141_monitor.jpg
File size
121.33 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

"Windows 98's natural state is locked up"

Reply 5 of 5, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I've a pair of AKG K72's, by no means the best but had good reviews while not been overly expensive when I was in the market.