VOGONS

First post, by CoTeCiO

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys! I'm at my wit's end. I made a MIDI album some time ago when I got an SC-55 mkII. I sent the album to a couple of friends who own SC-55s, but mk1. I got notice from both of them telling me that one song was making the module flip out very aggressively and lock out, to the point they had to disconnect the power off of the module to make it stop since the power button didn't do anything at that point.

The song plays perfectly fine on my SC-55 mkII, and I can't seem to recreate the issue with it, it seems to only affect the mk1. I've tried deleting instruments, reducing note counts, and shortening notes and my friends tried playing the MIDI through different software, using an old PC, using a modern PC, etc. but none of them seem to truly fix the issue reliably and it still happens most of the time. I'm wondering if any of you that own an SC-55 mk1 and are knowledgeable on MIDI stuff could take a look into the file and see if you can figure out what's going on. I had never heard of an SC-55 doing this before. The area of the song where this happens has nothing but notes on and off, no program/envelope changes or anything. Sometimes it get to a point there's some pitch bends, but more often than not, it freaks out before it gets there.

The flip out happens roughly at the 3:50 mark during the song, it can be ten seconds after or two, but it's always in that area. Be warned the freak out is VERY loud, and it can potentially softlock the module entirely (but no reports of completely bricking one yet, thankfully). I completely understand if you don't want to risk playing this through yours. I was told if you skip the song ahead to near the point the freak out happens, it plays just fine, the problem happens when the song is played in its entirety.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• Filename
    05- Catharsis.zip
    File size
    31.91 KiB
    Downloads
    38 downloads
    File license
    Public domain