VOGONS

First post, by WhiteFalcon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi folks,

I have recorded a short clip of The Cycles with its classic music on my Roland MT-32. Originally I wanted to record it on my old DOS PC, but I dont have the means for that so it was recorded using DOSBox + Munt. Maybe someone else liked the music and while the Adlib is nice for this kind of music, Roland can cope with this style too I think. And I believe some people may not have noticed the Roland support there in the setup. Take a listen 😀

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyqzfoRJxws

EDIT: Well it was meant to be kind of a quiz of the knowledge of old DOS games, but its probably too difficult. I will post the "solution" here in a week or so, if only for me to have a closure.

Olivetti M4 P75, 32MB RAM, 4GB HDD, 8GB CF, SoundBlaster AWE 64, Gravis Ultrasound MAX, Roland SCC-1, Roland MT-32, Roland CM-64
Intel 486DX2/66Mhz, 16MB RAM, VGA Trident 512kB, 264MB HDD Quantum, 256MB CF, SoundBlaster 16 Pro (CT2910)

Reply 1 of 5, by WhiteFalcon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok so as only one person realized there is no MT-32 support in The Cycles, I am writing it here to close this up. I created a fake setup with that option added to make it look authentic. And then I re-created the music from scratch on my MT-32, trying to keep in style with the Adlib version. So at least the music having been composed using a Roland MT-32 is the truth 😀

Olivetti M4 P75, 32MB RAM, 4GB HDD, 8GB CF, SoundBlaster AWE 64, Gravis Ultrasound MAX, Roland SCC-1, Roland MT-32, Roland CM-64
Intel 486DX2/66Mhz, 16MB RAM, VGA Trident 512kB, 264MB HDD Quantum, 256MB CF, SoundBlaster 16 Pro (CT2910)

Reply 3 of 5, by konc

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Many people know very well that cycles never had Roland music and just didn't want to engage in whatever game you were playing. The lack of any post in this thread should have made it obvious.

Reply 4 of 5, by WhiteFalcon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well its nice to see some friendly reactions to my little joke. Maybe grow a sense of humor to not take everything so seriously next time?