VOGONS

First post, by Shiver_169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys.

I'm picking up on the theme of my Classic PC last time I left off that I was going to have 2 sound cards to have the best of both worlds i.e. AWE64 for DOS gaming and Soun Blaster Live for Windows gaming. I installed everything necessary and there is no major problem, but when I ran Doom from Windows and tried to connect the MP32L to the Midi port of the AWE64 and found that there was no communication I tried rebooting the PC in DOS and there the MP32L works perfectly so I think there is a conflict in Windows that prevents the Midi output of the AWE64 to work properly. Hopefully someone can help me verify what I need to check to resolve this situation.

Regards.

Reply 1 of 6, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Go to MIDI Mapper in windows and set default MIDI device as external MIDI.

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 2 of 6, by Shiver_169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
appiah4 wrote on 2023-08-12, 16:47:

Go to MIDI Mapper in windows and set default MIDI device as external MIDI.

Hi.

Thanks for your reply, I thought the same thing and checked that the MIDI output was routed to the correct port and it is, it still doesn't seem to work.

Reply 4 of 6, by Shiver_169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SScorpio wrote on 2023-08-12, 18:04:

Your AWE64's MPU401 has IO port 330 in Windows Device Manager, correct? The SB Live has in Windows DOS mode driver you shouldn't install, but did you?

Hi.

Thanks for your response, yes I remember that I install the DOS drivers for SB Live. Any form to unistall this drivers or what is the solution?

Edit: Forgive mention the MPU401 is in port 330.

Last edited by Shiver_169 on 2023-08-12, 19:31. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 6, by SScorpio

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Shiver_169 wrote on 2023-08-12, 19:04:

Hi.

Thanks for your response, yes I remember that I install the DOS drivers for SB Live. Any form to unistall this drivers or what is the solution?

For now, just go into Device Manager and change the IO for the SB Live DOS stuff away from the defaults so the AWE64 get 330 MPU401, and whatever SB port and IRQ you want.

Reply 6 of 6, by Shiver_169

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
SScorpio wrote on 2023-08-12, 19:30:
Shiver_169 wrote on 2023-08-12, 19:04:

Hi.

For now, just go into Device Manager and change the IO for the SB Live DOS stuff away from the defaults so the AWE64 get 330 MPU401, and whatever SB port and IRQ you want.

Hi.

I Reinstalled all the system and no install the DOS Drivers for the Live but obtain the same result the MP32L only working on pure DOS in Windows don't show communication between the PC and the MP32L. Help please.