VOGONS

First post, by wargrip

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi!

I have an Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro - which has the "external module" (not the one that sits in the 5.25 drive bay but the one that sits on the desk and has midi inputs, volume control, headphone jack etc). The model number is the SB0360.

The issue I'm having is that this thing is absolutely dead when I use the VXD drivers in Windows 98 SE. When I use the WDM drivers, all the inputs and outputs work fine but as soon as I elect to use the VXD drivers, the ports essential do nothing. The power LED on the front of the external module remains lit so it's definitely receiving power and works 100% with the WDM drivers. The normal "output" ports on the back of the PCI card do indeed work fine with the VXD drivers but nothing on the external module itself.

My question is, is this a known downside of using the VXD drivers (haven't seen this mentioned anywhere) and is there some kind of workaround for getting this external module to work with them? I would love to be able to carry on using the headphone jack and volume control on the module while still using the VXD drivers.

Thank you!

wg