VOGONS

First post, by Physikant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys,

I recently bought a Sound Blaster Pro 1.0. I Installed it in my DOS 6.22 PC and tried it. I get the basic Adlib sound from games, but there is no digital playback and most games don't recognize a Sound Blaster at all, only an Adlib.
There is no conflict with IO adresses, Interrupts or DMA channels, I am sure.
Does the CT1330 need a special driver to support digital playback in games? On the creative page, they talk about a device driver but the link is broken. I can not find it anywhere else on the net.

Any help here please?

Niko

Reply 1 of 8, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

do you have the BLASTER environment variable set ?

similar to
set BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T6 P330 H5

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 8, by Gmlb256

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Like the above post, do you have the BLASTER environment variable set in AUTOEXEC.BAT? Should be like this for the original SBPro:

SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 T2

Overall, no DOS driver is required but is recommended for the mixer software, SBFMDRV and CT-VOICE.DRV. The latter two files are required for certain DOS games.

VIA C3 Nehemiah 1.2A @ 1.46 GHz | ASUS P2-99 | 256 MB PC133 SDRAM | GeForce3 Ti 200 64 MB | Voodoo2 12 MB | SBLive! | AWE64 | SBPro2 | GUS

Reply 3 of 8, by Physikant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i stripped my config.sys and my autoexec.bat to the bare minimum.
I added the SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 T2 line as suggested.
My SBPRO 1.0 is jumpered IO_SEL 22X, INT SELECTION IRQ5, DMA SELECTION DRQ1 DACK1, JYEN NC, PC SPK NC, RSPK EN jumpered, and AUDIO PWD is jumpered second and third from the bottom.
Again: all games with auto detection (like Wolf3D) detect an Adlib and play music and "music sound effects", but no digital audio. If I configure doom correctly, the music is present but no sound effects.

I tried the same with my SBPRO 2.0 CT1600, and there everything works flawlessly.

Is it just broken? 🙁

Reply 5 of 8, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

+1

I'd also run the diagnose program on the diskettes.
It should be able to determine DSP version, at least.
That way, we can be sure the DSP (microcontroller) is still working.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 8 of 8, by pc-sound-legacy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

What are your system specs? If it is a fast system you can try if setmul or disabling cpu cache will help. Maybe someone know if -5V is needed for the digital playback part of this card, and if so, do your PSU supply it?