VOGONS

First post, by wargrip

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I recently acquired a Roland MT-32 and Roland SC-55 and have a question about powering them before I accidentally do some damage.

According to Roland, both require a 9V 1A PSU (Centre Negative). In order to save some space in my mess of wires (and because they sit on top of one another), I was wondering if it would be possible to use a DC cable splitter to power both from a single 9V adapter (assuming the adapter is 9V and can output at least 2A).

My question is - when you use one of those DC splitters, do they have their own polarity - in the sense that you need a Centre Negative splitter to go along with the Centre Negative adapter - or is the fact that the adapter itself is Centre Negative mean that putting any splitter on there makes the final output Centre Negative regardless? I ask because most splitters don't mention a polarity - and those few that do seem to all mention Centre Positive.

Apologies if this is a stupid question and TIA.

Reply 1 of 1, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

When all the centers of the splitter are attached to each other, then the splitter will follow the adapter.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port