VOGONS

First post, by Kekkula

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi.
When I got this card it was pretty rough shape, few caps missing and no dsp chip.
I got atmel at89s52 and at89s51 chips and I’ve been trying to get the card working with different soundblaster DSP versions... With no luck
Adlib part of the card works Just fine.
So if anyone has the original dsp dump for the card and could upload it here it would be great.

Attachments

Reply 1 of 6, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Even if another working card is found the chances of protection bits not being set are slim and a dump won't be possible to get 😒
It doesn't look like this card will make sound anytime soon unfortunately

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 2 of 6, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Give this a go, it's from the full size card: Anchor Electronics - Media Concept 2.0 Souncard - SB 2.0 clone with real OPL2
I think they're basically the same - I've got the MF002 and yours is the MF002BR (board reduced??), the bus interface chip is the same and the components are mostly the same minus the CMS support.

In fact the Snark Barker's generally released DSP firmware is from a card very similar to this, which had no protection bit set.

Attachments

Reply 5 of 6, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh wow, very awesome ~

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 6 of 6, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well this is interesting - this means that the publically available DSP firmware for the Snark Barker is not *exactly* the same as the firmware I pulled from this card. It's probably been modified slightly to become compatible with the Sound Blaster CT1320 / CT1350 pin layout / functionality.
That means my attempts to put a regular CT1351V201 chip onto the MF002 aren't going to work. So maybe my original CT1351V201 chip is working after all and there's some different fault stopping my soundblaster's DSP from working: Re: What retro activity did you get up to today?