VOGONS

First post, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello There is a given card with a wave synthesizer on board. The card works, FM sounds, OPL music plays. But the on-board synthesizer does not work. Does anyone have such a map, how to achieve the sound of WT synthesis?
Multiwave Innovation Pte Sound Card FCC ID KLZ1105

Attachments

Reply 1 of 12, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-16, 18:40:

Hello There is a given card with a wave synthesizer on board. The card works, FM sounds, OPL music plays. But the on-board synthesizer does not work. Does anyone have such a map, how to achieve the sound of WT synthesis?

This card has internal wavetable and header for external wavetable… so one of the jumpers switch them))) Just try to switch jumpers near main ICs

Need help? Begin with photo and model of your hardware 😉

Reply 2 of 12, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-16, 18:52:

This card has internal wavetable and header for external wavetable… so one of the jumpers switch them))) Just try to switch jumpers near main ICs

I did it. By default, the jumper is set to built-in wave synthesis. JP2

Reply 3 of 12, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:08:

I did it. By default, the jumper is set to built-in wave synthesis. She can be seen from above

JP2 - WAVE EN (wavetable enable, but are you sure its internal wavetable enable or external wavetable enable?).
There 27C256 ROM chip isnt there BIOS extension for card configuration during boot-time?

Reply 4 of 12, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:09:

I did it. By default, the jumper is set to built-in wave synthesis. She can be seen from above

JP2 - WAVE EN (wavetable enable, but are you sure its internal wavetable enable or external wavetable enable?).
There 27C256 ROM chip isnt there BIOS extension for card configuration during boot-time?

I tried without a jumper. I don’t know anything about 27C256 ROM

Reply 5 of 12, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:20:

Its interesting to see all silk signs on sound card:
JP2 - wavetable en
JP3 - nonpnp/pnp (maybe its ROM BIOS extension?)
JP6 - cd en
others???

Reply 7 of 12, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:27:
Its interesting to see all silk signs on sound card: JP2 - wavetable en JP3 - nonpnp/pnp (maybe its ROM BIOS extension?) JP6 - c […]
Show full quote
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:20:

Its interesting to see all silk signs on sound card:
JP2 - wavetable en
JP3 - nonpnp/pnp (maybe its ROM BIOS extension?)
JP6 - cd en
others???

There are jumpers for SPK/Line out and a jumper for changing the voltage in the power connector.

Reply 9 of 12, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-16, 19:36:

According to the first link, the problem is still not solved. This is our colleague on the forum with the same board as me and the same problem.
According to the second link, the problem is solved only by turning up the volume on another card.

Reply 10 of 12, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-17, 13:49:

According to the first link, the problem is still not solved. This is our colleague on the forum with the same board as me and the same problem.
According to the second link, the problem is solved only by turning up the volume on another card.

Yeap! Do you try ESSVOL and volume change and NONPNP or PNP modes?

Reply 11 of 12, by Jccwu

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-17, 13:54:

I tried only in pnp mode
It's unlikely that anything will change in nonpnp mode.
essvol enables all synthesizer volume modes by default. I checked.
явно нужен файл включающий mpu на этой карте, но не enpmu

Reply 12 of 12, by Babasha

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Jccwu wrote on 2023-10-18, 15:05:
I tried only in pnp mode It's unlikely that anything will change in nonpnp mode. essvol enables all synthesizer volume modes by […]
Show full quote
Babasha wrote on 2023-10-17, 13:54:

I tried only in pnp mode
It's unlikely that anything will change in nonpnp mode.
essvol enables all synthesizer volume modes by default. I checked.
явно нужен файл включающий mpu на этой карте, но не enpmu

PM me i got an idea!