VOGONS

First post, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i need to use midiox v6.5.1 which only supports moxmap version 4 txm mapping files. i want to use the mapping file attached below which is moxmap version 5. manually editing the version in a text editor is a no-go. i'm rather a notice with all of this. what tool can i use to perform the conversion? thanks.

i tried using a later version of midiox, which supports moxmap version 5, to export the mapping to native oxm, but it turns out the format structure is not backwards compatible with any previous versions of midiox.

Attachments

• Filename
    scummvm_mt32ToGm.txm.txt
    File size
    5.03 KiB
    Downloads
    12 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 1 of 1, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

ok, i figured it out on my own. the only difference between moxmap version 4 and 5 is that 5 adds a delay value after the clone entry. in my case simply doing a replace all of 'N,0' with 'N' converted it to the older format.

the reason for doing this is that midiox v7 is simply incompatible with win98se. it seems to work with some stuff, but crashes the system hard with some combinations. midiox v6 works solid and i think v6.5.1 was the last release (and it supports .tmx v4). the author actually hosts all the previous versions on his website, but doesn't provide links. if you look at the version history and alter the filename in the url you can get it.