VOGONS

First post, by rcxand

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello!

I'm having some trouble finding the sound driver for this laptop, a sound driver to work on Windows 98.

I know its officially Win xp/ 2000. I got the video driver, the ATI 9000 IGP working and it got me pretty confident i can make it with the sound too.

The official win 2000/ xp driver its a ADI 1981B (Soundmax AC'97). On windows 98 it install but after the first sound play it freeeze and restart. I been looking for this ADI 1981B driver for windows 98 from another laptop models but no luck. ( by no luck i mean that it won;t detect it from device manager, even if i try to select it manually, sometimes im getting the warning sign on the driver / the only driver that made some sound ii think it was the win 2k or xp but it freeze and restart after 1 min )
On a reddit i found someone with same issue but another laptop that used drivers from a Thinkpad T41. Didn't work for me.

If someone knows some compatible driver or if someone maybe have this model and made the sound work on Windows 98 and... can help.. i would really apreciate.

Thank you.