VOGONS

First post, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So, as the subject says I cannot find Yamaha MU2000 Service Manual, but searching for it, I found the following:

In the MU2000 service manual, the optical output circuitry is based on a proprietary Yamaha YM3437C chip

which more importantly means such Service Manual does exist and there are obviously people that have it. Any pointers where MU2000 Service Manual is available and how to get it are appreciated - thank you!

Reply 2 of 4, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cloudschatze wrote on 2023-12-28, 23:02:

thank you! helpful as usual!! do you know if MU500 service manual exists?

Reply 3 of 4, by Cloudschatze

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mattw wrote on 2023-12-29, 02:43:

do you know if MU500 service manual exists?

Undoubtedly, though it's not one that I possess. You might try requesting it from Yamaha's service department; that's how I obtained the MU2000 service manual. (Granted, that was more than fifteen years ago...)

Reply 4 of 4, by mattw

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Cloudschatze wrote on 2023-12-29, 03:49:

Undoubtedly, though it's not one that I possess. You might try requesting it from Yamaha's service department; that's how I obtained the MU2000 service manual. (Granted, that was more than fifteen years ago...)

thanks again, I am asking all of those, because I am trying, as much as I can, to help with MAME emulation of those devices and their ultimate preservation. I am even in process of making ROM dumps of SW1000XG card...