VOGONS

First post, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello
I have serious problem with install terratec profimedia maestro 16/95 with windows 95 osr2.
When i download driver from terratec site (9x 1.1D) from here : http://terratec.ultron.info/Audio/Maestro/1696/Driver/ then i can install 4 device, but with problem. One device cant found driver, where other find, see photo.
Have someone step by step method with install files to install this sound card with DOS / Windows 95?
Thank you!

Attachments

• 20240125_175849.jpg
    Filename
    20240125_175849.jpg
    File size
    1.89 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 5 of 9, by envagyok

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I try this card with first DOS install, and had a strange problem:
When i install daughter board, then i lost OPL FM sound.
Without daughter card, and use onboard MIDI, then work everything with DOS (MIDI/FM/DIGI)

Reply 6 of 9, by pc-sound-legacy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The card has no dedicated opl3 - it does opl3 thru the dream synth. My assumption is that with the daughterboard attached the dream synth is disabled and so is the opl3 then. I have the same card and can check if it behaves the same

Reply 8 of 9, by stanwebber

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i would guess the unknown device is the ide controller? maybe generic opti 82c924 drivers will work better?

i don't have this card, but i do have a crystal cs4232 with a dream cs9233 and an opti 82c924 with an admos qs700 so i'm not totally in the dark.

the sam9233 will play back wavetable midi over a generic roland mpu-401 device. fm will be routed to the sam9233 for both a dos compatibility device and a windows midi mapper device. the fm emulation is beyond awful so get it out of your mind that you will actually use it should this be the last piece to get working.